PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotax 912 engine thefts and "plane spotters"
Old 22nd Aug 2016, 07:34
Genghis the Engineer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts
Part of the game is am improper balance of transparency. While the spotters collect and many publish photos of the aircraft, we don't have it the other way around. So, potential thieves get their information from spotters data, but we don't get the data of the spotters ...

We have a lot of spotters at our airfield, but they are almost 90+% organized in two clubs and wear club ID cards,
Where is this place - I've never seen spotters anywhere wearing visible ID cards.

they attend our pilots briefing meetings and we know them.
They attend what?

It is even a little bit like a neighborhood watch, as they tend to take pictures of to them unknown foreign spotters ...
That sounds highly unlikely.

Theft of Rotax appears to be an increasing issue. I suspect it comes as a result of the microlight business with no registrations whatsoever.
All microlights, in pretty much any country, display visible registrations - just like all other aeroplanes do.

Maybe we start a discussion to get this business under certification monitoring again?
"Certification monitoring"?????????, you just made that term up.

At some point Chickenhouse, I'll work out precisely why you keep posting these mixtures of stuff off the internet from other countries, and made up nonsense, to try and pass yourself off as an aviation expert.

Whilst you are playing these games, people are genuinely worried about having their engines stolen.

G