PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 22nd Aug 2016, 04:19
colo18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joining FZ

Hello guys.

I am currently a Learjet 60 captain making good money (at least I think so) back home. Unfortunately I am divorcing now with 4 kids and my expenses are just too much. (Having 2 places to take care of and such a big family)

Got offered a job as FO in FZ, therefore looking to make the move to Dubai soon. Perhaps I can save 2000 USD from the housing allowance since I will be going by myself. Can I save that much? Also will get some 2000 USD from the school subsidy. So it is an increment of around 4000 a month. They do pay schooling arose right? And if lucky as you said might get a command in 2 years. So that would be another big increase.

Do you know if having a debt in ME will be an issue? I heard you might get in jail as soon as you land. I went to Dubai in November 2014 and nothing happened. But was told something came out in December 2014 that states so. I am afraid now. I have no issues paying back if I can make arrangements with the bank. (Debt was in Qatar)

Any good advice? Thanks in advance!

Cheers