PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2016, 20:10
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A380/Thomson

LandingConfig

Noted this three days ago after the heads-up on another forum but should know more tomorrow.

It seems a lot of people have heard except for any one at BHX which could mean the booking engine has not been updated for summer to show EK37/8 as the 380. I can't remember ever seeing EK37 as an A380 other than January to the end of March.

However Emirates.com up until yesterday was showing the A380 on EK39 but today it is all B777. GDS has been showing all 777 since the middle of last week.

It would be a bit strange to issue a press release stating that the A380 is moving to EK37 for it then to be removed a week later - it would be a bit odd but I suppose in the aviation world things change fast..

Certainly the May figure was interesting to say the least and the load factor I think close on an all-time low but the amount of capacity increase to the Middle East was always going to make it look ugly in May and June. June might look slightly better as EK41/2 was non-ops a few times.

If BHX loses the A380 albeit temporary it might be a PR disaster but the alternative that was rumoured was actually worse in my opinion.

As I have said before if they wanted to put a 615 seat aircraft on any flight EK37/8 was best service for sheer passenger numbers and probably handling at the airport as 18.30-21.30 would be better than 11.30-14.30.

On the positive side there are now plenty of loads above 428 on the 380 but there again it is holiday time,

Thomson

The online cruise brochure last week did not indicate the 787 on BHX-Dubai.

Summer 17 now showing the three Malaga away based flights as based and operating to other UK airports indicating possibly short-haul aircraft number 7 on certain days. However the second Marrakech (Monday) and new Almeria (Sunday) have gone already.

jfy1999

Re Monarch Nice, I wasn't sure if it had been released but I was away when the schedule was launched. Although this coming winter Larnaca was also released very late and in fact a work colleague booked Luton due to the delay but it all worked out as Luton - LCA has been cancelled this winter and has been moved to the BHX flight at the Luton price which was far more competitive than the usual BHX fare.

Pete