PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What should I do?
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2016, 09:49
Drussjnr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What should I do?

Hi everyone,
Let me just cut to the chase: currently i am a Part-time PPL student whilst working in the aviation industry (mainly to see if i like flying and want to do it) ; now im looking at further options, i am currently at quite a large school doing the ppl part time and could continue and get a fATPL with them, however they have never had a great record at helping find employment. My other option is to go to CTC or OAA etc. Now i am in the position where i feel that my only option to get a guaranteed job is to do an MPL program (which i dont like, mainly because lack of flying time and it's an MPL licence)

1. how easy is it to convert an MPL to ATPL licence once 1500hr is reached or would you need more hours as you could not use P1.

2. Am i right in thinking that the MPL is bad because of lack of real flying time

3. I would do the ATPL with no sponsorship, however i know friends that are two years after their course and still no employment (they now are a dispatcher whilst they wait for a job)

Please help shed some light and give some advice.

*please note it's a year till i need to do a serious application to somewhere as i still have to save some more money for subsistence living etc