PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX profits falls by 82%
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2016, 06:55
SweepTheLeg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If STW wants 'facts': I know of one CEO from a small company who was so disappointed in his travels with CX that his 20+ employees won't travel with us anymore.

Maybe it's a one off, but probably not.
@Zapp_Brannigan,

That's not a fact, it's one (suspect) observation that you are trying into extrapolate into a long term trend. Let me guess, the CEO is your wife's sister's helper's Godparent's neighbor? I feel like I am dealing with a 5-year old.

@Arfur Dent
I don't know how else to make this any clearer: their core operating profit is huge. They are making a ton of money. Easily enough to give the pilots the working conditions they deserve. We are not asking too much. Now do I think this huge core profit is due to management? NO! Absolutely not, I have made that clear. They made this in spite of themselves.

Hopefully they've learned a lesson regarding their fuel gambling fiasco, but the airline operating fundamentals are as sound as they've ever been, despite all the all management propaganda trying to deflect attention away from their massive fuel gambling screw up.