PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates B777 gear collapse @ DXB?
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2016, 14:34
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some comments on Checklists. B737 QRH: You have an engine shutdown and therefore a wounded bird. You may be or not under radar. Either way you would be hard pressed to respond to an RA, especially a climb. IMHO opinion selecting TA Only is rather helpful to reduce the risk. Yet, in the QRH for engine failures of all varieties it is No.9 in the checklist. It can take a long time to reach this. In other checklists it comes earlier. It seems as if this section is not considered important to Boeing. Why? Select TA by Recall takes <5secs and may avoid an undesirable moment. There are various QRH checklists where it is appropriate but not included at all. It took much persuasion to include it is the Emergency Descent QRH. Indeed some Boeing company pilots didn't understand there question.
After Sully went boating my airline included a double engine failure/ditching in the recurrence sessions. The SFI asked me why I called for 'locked' harness before splash time. I said it seemed common sense. I did not think the manufacturer included harness locks just for pilot incapacitation; which is the only time they are ever used. After checking the QRH for Ditching it does not include locking the shoulder harness. I wonder why.

Last edited by RAT 5; 21st Aug 2016 at 06:41.