PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Student training logs
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2016, 10:39
crablab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder if your age has anything to do with it? At 17 (assuming your profile is correct) there are people who will tend, unfairly, to infantilise you somewhat. I wonder if they'd show the same patronising attitude to an ugly old greybeard like me.
Genghis nope, profile is correct! That may well be a factor, in that they feel as I'm younger I may not be able to "deal" with all the nasty things they've written about me...

You are showing more maturity than your instructor! You certainly seem to grasp the law better.
I'm sure he'd disagree!

If a school will not allow you to see your records then its highly probably their records are inadequate.
Whopity although I agree with your statement re. the AAIB, I have never been asked to sign my records (it does sound like a good idea...), I disagree with the suggestion that records are automatically branded inadequate if you're not allowed to see them!

Perhaps the best way to go about this record collecting is to have a sheet where the instructor writes down learning points and student writes down learning points after each flight? (And they both sign at the bottom) That way, you're engaging the student in their own learning to a greater extent.