PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots offered $318,000 packages
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2016, 02:02
CEA330Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@airdualbleedfault, spot on. Most contracts of this nature are just a shade over USD14000/month - all inclusive. Probably an OK job for a pilot with no kids or kids that are out of the house. Doing a month in China would probably feel like proverbial hell especially if it domestic flying. Do your research too. Make sure that the 1/1 contract states explicitly that you get a MINIMUM of one month OFF (especially if they are using actual days like Hainan does). Hainan for example specified in a past contract that the pilot would receive a MAXIMUM of 28 days off. Three guesses what happens there? First two guesses don't count.

@Frank (love your handle!); I hear you. If they indeed do as you suggest then yes, an exodus would start. Having worked at KA, it's hard for me to imagine that CX would get rid of housing all together. If I recall (maybe the laws have changed since I worked there) but under Hong Kong Law the company can't unilaterally worsen the COS. So how would they get rid of housing? Just curious.