PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helijet banned by TC from landing S-76Cs at certain B.C. hospitals
Old 19th Aug 2016, 14:09
cpt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gullibell, as Fareastdriver says the C model, equipped with this optional has been used in Macau / Honkong city for day and night city shuttles. I've met some of the pilots who had been happy doing it. This appart, for "CAT A elevated helipad" there's always a big cut in MTOW to expect compared to clear area profiles.
There's another profile from elevated helipads described in RFM supplement of C+ and C++ (don't know for the C ) It isn't a pure CAt A but it garanties a fly away after a defined point at 30' over deck surface, as long as a "drop down" below the deck level is available, there's no exposure time and in most cases it could replace the full CAT A. the RFM performance tables integrate the "150' OEI rule" in the MTOW limitation.
Here too the payload penalty is huge and for a given zd, varies with the drop down heigh available.
I think this could be used as a base for elevated heliports operations over "hostile areas" (i.e urban environment)

I would like to add that if we respect the MTOW limitations the take-off and landings are really not a problem at all with C+ and C++ models.

The DECU power limitation logic is simply full of genius (that's another story with A+/ A++)