PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX profits falls by 82%
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2016, 10:59
Sam Ting Wong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paul,

maybe I did not make my point clear enough.

I am saying that I do not see evidence that our product has anything to do with lower profits.

That may be the case, but doesn't have to be.

A better product cost money, and it is not a given that such an investment would automatically lead to a higher profit. It just doesn't. If it would we would fly around with a swimming pool and a spa on the upper deck.

You claim other airlines have a better product and that wasn't the case a few years ago.

Well, this is of course highly subjective, might have something to do with not flying business anymore, the older you get the more strenous flying becomes, you might miss your frequent flyer status, etc.

Flying was more exclusive decades ago, and maybe that is what you remember, the good old days. Aviation is a different business today, and I do reject the idea our flight attendants are in any way less friendly / dedicated than others. They have been voted as world's best not too long ago.

Award and Honours | About Our Airline - Cathay Pacific

Fact is: we also rank (very) high in polls among all passengers. This is a fact.

The World's Top 10 Airlines | SKYTRAX

But again, this ranking is only about perceived quality, not about profitability.

And that is what my dear colleagues refuse to accept.

I would be very interested to hear substantial arguments, some real data, reliable sourced information.

But so far nothing.