PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Caption competition
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2016, 19:15
c52

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The titles of awards at Crufts defy the imagination, so I have copied these lines from Wikipedia for your confusion and/or understanding:

Dogs compete in hierarchical fashion. Dogs begin by competing against others of the same breed, split by gender, age and previous class wins. These classes include Veteran, Special Puppy, Special Junior, Yearling, Post Graduate, Mid Limit, Limit, and Open. Each is awarded once for dogs and once for bitches. The dog and bitch class winners then compete again for the Dog and Bitch Challenge Certificate (CC). The two CC winners then go head-to-head to determine the Best of Breed.

After the best of each breed has been chosen, they then compete against the others in their Group (in the UK, there are seven Groups: Toys, Gundogs, Utility, Hounds, Working, Pastoral, and Terriers) to find the Best in Group. The seven Group winners then compete to find the Best in Show and Reserve Best in Show.

Thanks for the huge numbers of entries.

Reserve Best In Show
==============
Danny42C
"Whatever gave you the idea that the thing sticking up in the middle of the cockpit was a Lamp Post ?"

Best in Show
========
Buster Hyman
I wanted to be a Vampire pilot...but they sold me a pup....