PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots offered $318,000 packages
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2016, 16:36
CEA330Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah yes, the lure of the almighty greenback. But is it worth it? I am certainly not suggesting that working for a Chinese carrier is all that bad, but one would have to be seriously fed up with work at CX/KA before making that leap. Although I did, there is not a day that goes by when I wonder if I made the right decision. I do enjoy the reverse roster and the plenty of time at home I get with my family - which by the way was my sole motivator. However, it can be pretty lonely in the flight deck and knowing that you will probably never be a real part of an organization again can leave a pretty big void in ones ambitions. Fancy being a TRE, forget it! Fancy a management position, 'in your dreams!' Even being the PIC varies from airline to airline. They talk about needing experience in the article, yet most of the airlines flying long-haul will have the experienced Foreign Captains acting as de-facto Cruise Captains. Pretty challenging when you see some of the stuff that goes on in the flight deck. But if you have to make the move, choose carefully and just accept that the decision you made was for the right reasons.