PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MD 600N
Thread: MD 600N
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2016, 07:54
as350nut

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just following this thread and note that a couple of 600's have entered Australia recently, SO, I am thinking would a 600 be a viable machine to own OR my financial ruin. Having owned 6 Eurocopters all with turbomecas I have a number of orifices that have yet to heal correctly. So the thought of no 12 yrs no 15 yr engine oh and not having to deal with turbomeca appeals. So does 130 kts, plenty of room FADEC and a neat looking aircraft, make sense. With a new one at 1.9m usd I can see why they have struggled to sell but a (relatively) low time example can now be found with a few yrs on it for 700k, + or -. Doesn't this change the equation? I could put one of these in the hangar and do 100 hrs a year for the next 10 yrs till they box me up. I can't see it biting nearly as hard. Not really worried about the auto capability as I haven't had an auto in anger in the last 35 yrs flying and if I did and it went bad so what; better than dying of cancer. Considering I also have had a half dozen R44's I don't see the risk comparison.