PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook
Thread: Thomas Cook
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2016, 12:08
Jcmcgoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having experience of working for both TCX and ezy as flightcrew, and while TCX is not the perfect Airline to work for (Mcgoo Air would have a roster that would work you once a week on a short sector reporting 10am and off duty mid afternoon for double pay - like all employers, airline or otherwise, you can find plenty to have a bitch about with any job and wish things were improved) that in the role of flight crew then my own opinion is that there is a substantial gulf in working for the two companies. TCX is a different proposition, and in my own case much better for time at home and salary. Dont get me wrong ezy wasnt truly awful

Long haul isnt an option at ezy, so that cannot be considered in any relation gauge, however if you compare apples for apples, and make a straight comparison of for example LGW V LGW short/med haul or NCL V NCL short/med haul then my view would be id rather be sat in the flightdeck of a TCX aircraft over an ezy aircraft any day of the week.

The one area Id consider that ezy do have it better is that the home every night means always home before midnight and TCX often means 3am. Id also consider the training teams of both to be excellent too so in my own experience they would dead heat on training. Other than that Id take TCX for every other reason that we hold dear to our hearts

Ive flown for both and its an opinion from operating out of several bases for both.

The obvious rider is that this is just my own opinion. However that said, Im not the only pilot I know who has flown for both, and although third party reporting isnt the way to go, I know others view is of a similar vein to my own. Although I am sure there are many happy folk working for ezy

Who knows what the future holds for all of us in the industry, hopefully a decent future for all. It is becoming apparent that TCX are expanding into flying to the US which looks a good plan in todays situation in the industry.

Safe flying and happy landings to all.