PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger bonding
Thread: Tiger bonding
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2016, 05:35
Snakecharma

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
I would think, and this is without looking at their EBA, that you MIGHT be entitled to a redundancy of some form BUT the caveat is that many agreements have a redundancy clause that provides for the company to find "alternative" employment of a substantially similar nature and if you don't accept that then the redundancy comes off the table.

As I say I don't know the specifics, but it is an interesting area.

As I also previously said I don't believe in bonds being applied to forced transfers but at the end of the day if you have been overseas and come home to a job at tiger then you are likely to have come home because you want to be in oz and the job is secondary. Note the number of 777 and A380 captains coming back from EK to turboprop and F100 jobs.

So if that is the case then the bond, whilst a pain and unpalatable, may not be a big issue as they wouldn't necessarily be looking to leave anyway.

The guys who don't want to trade their nice 320's for Stone Age 737's (and I can't say I blame them!) then they are going to bail before the type rating and again the bond isn't an issue.