PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger bonding
Thread: Tiger bonding
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2016, 22:29
Snakecharma

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
oakape
Snakecharma, you sound like a company accountant, trying to spin things to get the highest cost possible.
Well if I sound like an accountant trying to "spin" things then you clearly have no clue as to the realities of running a business!

There is no spin in the stuff I wrote, it is all fact.

I am not an accountant, never have been and never will be, but I do have a higher degree that taught me a thing or two as well as nearly 30 years as an airline pilot. I suggest you have a read of my post and tell me where I am incorrect, as I am happy to rethink based on your feedback.

You will also note that I wasn't advocating for higher bonds or in fact for bonds at all for those forced to make a fleet change, merely pointing out the fact that howls of indignation about the 45k and how a type rating "costs half that" are not in fact correct and there are other components involved.

At the end of the day we need to be aware of what the cost of our actions are so we can make a value judgement on whether we should be indignant or not!

Try and stick guys who bid for a type change with a 100k bond then there is reason to be grumpy and to fight it. Try and stick guys with a bond of 30k or 45k then fight it if you wish but if you ask for the actual cost to be the bond then you might be in for a surprise!

Same as the guys who bang on about wanting CPI pay rises instead of 2-3% (in the current environment). Be careful what you ask for as CPI isn't what you think it is.

6401.0 - Consumer Price Index, Australia, Jun 2016. rose 0.4% this quarter, compared with a fall of 0.2% in the March quarter 2016. rose 1.0% over the twelve months to the June quarter 2016, compared with a rise of 1.3% over the twelve months to the March quarter 2016.Jul 27, 2016