PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Compensation question
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2016, 21:00
HeartyMeatballs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RWY in sight. It does have serious consequences when cars are delayed. How else am I supposed to gets the children to or from school or their numerous after school activities. And as for painting my doors, it does have a knock on consequence of the upheaval having to cover up the floor and walls and booking someone in and taking another day off work as some how tradies only seem to work 9-5 mon-fri.

For as long as I remember airlines have provided welfare, accommodation and food or reimbursement for these expenses. They are still doing this, but with the added burden of paying hundreds of euro in additional compensation. EU261 is not given at the airport. Passengers have to claim for it just like they will for their expenses incurred.

TURIN - I completely agree. Not only are we all paying higher ticket prices for no quantifiable benefit (I've seen no evidence of OTP improving which was the aim of EU261), safety standards have fallen, margins degraded. We risk many decades of safety advances being brushed aside.