PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How about a fine/prison for taking luggage down the slide?
Old 16th Aug 2016, 17:23
Planemike

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Wageslave
Arrest the bastards then and charge them with reckless endangerment. A week in a cell and a $5000 fine will give them time to reflect on hazarding other peoples' lives and the furore in the meeja will impress it on others. .
These folk have just suffered the trauma of being in an accident and you want to further traumatise them by putting them in a cell and fining them a large amount of money which they may not have.

Surely it is far more important to reunite the passengers and their baggage with their nearest and dearest. Well if I had been involved any form of accident that is what I would want the transport company, police and other authorities to do for me...... Never mind thinking about putting me in a cell or parting me from my hard eared money.........

Simplest is to do as I said and confiscate the bags as material evidence, a perfectly reasonable stance as they are clearly removing stuff from an investigation scene. Why should they avoid the inconvenience of lost luggage when they risked others' lives to achieve it?
By doing that there seems to a fair chance baggage could become lost. That seems to happen when everything is operating normally never mind when there has been an "incident"..... Not quite sure what would be learned from the passengers bags. Seems to me, wageslave, you just wish to be vindictive for not real good reason.