PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Young ATPL F.O. 200Hrs TT on right seat.....
Old 16th Aug 2016, 11:14
markkal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Absolutely right about young ATPL, 200 TT Golf Juliet papa,

But I may not be too far off, as after 2-3 years FO's become captains.....At least a few of them I know....No offense whatsoever, however I state a case which is often the norm in low cost airlines, given the rapid growth and shortage of pilots.

I know of students and instructors who should never had ended up in a cockpit of a commercial airliner, due to their lack of basic skills and fear of flying out of their restricted confort zone, though they are wizards at managing systems. I believe most, not all of them if they had invested in further training which in my view is the basis of profesionalism, they would have done much better, but for the big majority the minimum training to get the signature and stamp on the licence is the goal. Sad.
Likewise I know of some better students and instructors who failed the selections.

Go figure.

By the way I am an old chap, who got to fly and own the best aerobatic aircraft around, and had never had nothing to do with the airlines, so hold no grudge against nobody, It's just am not confident at current crews managing emergencies, should these ever happen, and I fly very very often with these airlines....

Last edited by markkal; 16th Aug 2016 at 11:49.