PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK layovers
Thread: EK layovers
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2016, 01:32
lospilotos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by harry the cod
Well, last Frankfurt went like this. 3 free beers in the exec lounge with tasty bowl of beef goulash, 10 minute stroll into town to visit a 'girlfriend' for 30 euros, call in to supermarket on way back to pick up cheap as chips groceries then free breakfast in morning. Got home, wife happy, Harry happy, 2 euros left over. What more do you want?

Just no pleasing some people nowadays!

Harry
C'mon Harry, you don't have to defend the company in every bit. The free beer and soup is great, day 1... I have pretty much the same routine as you, but hand on heart, can you really say it's a great hotel?

My point is, since the poster wanted to know about freighter layovers, that yes we get some longer ones, but perhaps not where you would want them to be. Guangzhou springs to mind as well...

Just to prove to you I'm not always negative. I'm happy to spend 2-3 days in the nice, modern Hilton in AMS. Comfy beds, nice lounge, you can do shopping in the airport mall and easy access to the city by train. And last time I didn't even have to spend the 30 EUR for a girlfriend as I got picked up by some business woman in the hotel gin bar...(She had obviously had one too many of those 80+ different gins they are offering.)

Last edited by lospilotos; 16th Aug 2016 at 02:35.