PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How about a fine/prison for taking luggage down the slide?
Old 15th Aug 2016, 16:36
ExXB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem wageslave is that the luggage that remains on board is usually reduced to ashes. And we saw that in the BA incident, which didn't have a fire, it took days to reunite the passengers with their belongings.

As the airlines refuse liability of damage or loss of valuables in both carry-on and in the hold they are as much to blame. As I mentioned a few pages back the Warsaw/Montreal regimes do not allow the airlines to refuse liability, but they do. Meaning you need a high priced lawyer just to get compensated for a proven loss that you are entitled to.

Took a couple of flights in last week on a well known, and well respected 'legacy' airline. Safety briefing did not mention not taking carry-on - I listened carefully for it. The 'briefing card' had a picture of a hand holding a briefcase (from the '50s'?) with an X through it. Not sure if too many people would understand what it was suggesting. From that I'd assume a handbag would be OK to take but according to some on this thread that is forbidden.