PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2016, 10:30
AvGeek1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nt639
AVGEEK, is this not just going over the same things that you posted in the LTN thread back in June http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airpo...ml#post9397737 it appears you are a Luton fanboy/spotter From your previously posted threads. So is this not just a wish for you for your favourite airport!
Thank you for being so observant about my post in June, as you can probably tell I still think the Stansted base is a bit odd to this day. Luton is certainly not my favourite airport, it is a hellhole! Although I live near Luton I choose to fly from Gatwick every time I fly and travel 2 and a half hours to get there every time actually! Also dont call me a easyJet fanboy next either because I fly BA every year!

It just makes business sense to consolidate there operations in London with their Gatwick and Luton bases why operate a small base that cannot be expanded due to Ryanair knocking at the door with fierce competition operating a wide range of routes. They are also running out of options to expand out of Gatwick and routes like Ljubljana and some others operated at Stansted can help them achieve this.