PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - how to stop pax taking hand luggage in evacuation?
Old 15th Aug 2016, 07:48
cooperplace

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist
cooperplace, you are in a dream-world.

Passengers come from all over the world, including countries where just trying to get people to queue is impossible and seatbelts are unheard of.

If you really think that it is possible to make all these disparate groups of people leave their bags you are delusional.

I have yet to see a single airline that has successfully managed to make all passengers stay sitting down after landing, and that happens every flight.

Pax behaving in accordance with some plan in incredibly rare circumstance like a crash is never going to happen even if there is a world famous disaster where the pax all die because of it. It simply wont reach the consciousness of half the passengers.
I agree no airline has succeeded, but I doubt that any have tried very hard. They rely on crew announcements "remain seated" etc. My suggestion includes a visual representation, as outlined earlier in the thread, of what could happen as a result of pax taking luggage during evacuation. I don't believe that 100% of the pax will ever get the message but I suggest that with a mix of the right measures, 90% might. And this could make a big difference in evacuation from a burning plane.