PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Taking a job with Emirates when in a relationship
Old 15th Aug 2016, 07:24
BondiLoz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taking a job with Emirates when in a relationship

Hi guys,

I am in the waiting period to find out if I have been successful in my application for a job with Emirates.

I have done as much research as I can about the hours, conditions, Dubai life and the accommodation etc.

With regards to the accommodation, I understand it it is single sex and guests cannot stay without permission past a certain hour. I was hoping any existing or past Cabin Crew could shed some light or share their experiences about doing this job when you're in a relationship? Did you partner move to Dubai with you, or did you do long distance?

If they moved, what was the living arrangements - did they rent/buy or is there some sort of way around the Emirates accommodation that could allow you to cohabit?

I am in a relationship and my partner is willing to move to Dubai to be near me (although we both understand we will not see much of each other given the flying hours etc), but it will be better than him staying in our native country where I may not get to see him much at all.

Any insights into how other crew have made this work would be much appreciated, as it is a serious consideration of mine in whether I will accept a potential offer from Emirates.

Many thanks