PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JD Aviation
Thread: JD Aviation
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2016, 12:15
KandiFloss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I chose JD Aviation to do my CPL last summer, and I am glad that I did my training with John. John is a very experienced instructor with an indepth knowledge of the aviation industry. I feel that one of John's strengths is that he knows his students well because he only takes on a few students at a time, despite being in demand. He has his students best interests at heart, and he also genuinely cares about his students progression which you are less likely to get at larger more 'processed' flight training schools. On days when the weather was too bad to fly, John would happily spend time helping me with other aspects of non-flying training, which gave me a broader knowledge of aircraft (the technical side) and flying in general, things that don't often get covered during basic flight training. He has very good flight training equipment, including a very well equipped and maintained Piper Arrow, a Piper Seneca and also an FNPT2 simulator which was great to use on days when I was unable to fly due to bad weather. I also had the opportunity to 'back seat' other students who were further ahead in their training than me which allowed me to see what was next to come.

One of his students has recently been taken on by Jet2, and I am hoping to do further training with him myself.