Thread: EDINBURGH - 2
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2016, 10:13
alasdair1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EDI-bjv S17

Hi folks,
Thanks for your replys and I can action accordingly
The edi to bodrum is opperating with an average of 170 per flight this year and caa stats for march and april show a 4%increase in passengers on the route

I know that it was sold out in may when I flew out this year being the only airline to offer this route out of edi
And only ls and ezy opperating this year to bodrum

The 170 ish figure is from easyjets website availability on the flights usualy around the 175mark
Dont know if that would help ezy on this years performance so far dont know what their break even point would be tho
On the price side we usualy pay £272 total return inc bags for both of us but t thats on release day.

Freinds who use the flight more than me say its fuller than usual this year but again I an unsure if easyjet would see that as a positive also the pilots think its selling well from what they see

But the holiday situation Is a departmental thing as we work in small department s they dont tell us dates to take just to not delay to get the form back into them by end aug etc.
Thank you for your input it is appreciated
I am also doing a private study on this route to monitor it and a mod on the voluntary visit turgutreis group ofa resort in bodrum area.
The turkish situation has been going on since 1976 with the kurdistan issue so is not new and I was their in the last proper coup which lasted days abd overthew the government only a few yrs ago
Our freinds dont see any difference in whats happening now than what happened then but it seems people have forgotten
I watch turkish news and an kept up to date localy as well and no changes securities are up as per every year
I have also studied turkish history and political history and still people think its new I and alot of the bodrum customers I know personally have been going for 17years same as me but glasgow beforr the edi flights started.
Also on thr domestic routings is is not vaiable to do this with the costs via ist at around £500just for flights then us transport accommodation and spend we usualy spend total holiday cost £380
If. Any one has any further help it is greatly appreciated.
Alasdair