PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - England to Australia Flight Arrives in Darwin
Old 14th Aug 2016, 09:17
International Trader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GQ2,

I did not intend to present myself as an expert on the aircraft, nor diminish the achievements of the lady flier ( whatever they may be) .

Just wanted to express my respect ( awe) for an aviator/ adventurer that I admire and a better man than I.

My recollections , as I mentioned, were from a book that I read 30 years ago.

It is remarkable that I still remember anything about the book .

Recall nothing of "Handling The Big Jets" or "Aerodynamics For Naval Aviators" ( poor storyline obviously).

My wife often points out that I have trouble remembering the day of the week (and often what she has just said).

I would have gladly pulled out my copy of the book and cross checked my facts but, I loaned it to someone and he liked so much that he never returned it ().

Now, if you have a copy or a book on the Gull aircraft, I'd be glad to borrow them to check my facts .

No bearing on the man's achievements ( nor diminishes my respect) even if I my recollections are completely wrong.

Also remember being pretty impressed by the aircraft but, I had better not go trying to remember why, lest I be wrong again.