PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2016, 08:45
owenc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mart901
it's a two way street with BRU/AMS, and I'm sure EWR. My family were taking bets catching a flight back via BRU on how few people would be on board, it was nearly full, over 90% and hardly a local accent, like AMS loads of transfer pax and nearly all foreign tourists. I have to ask how they would arrive here if at all without such links being in place. EWR also is a good hub, I know plenty of people who have holidayed in Vegas and other cities and used the route - if it costs us to build/sustain such links maybe that's what needs done, people are asking for APD removal, its basically a more targeted version. Comparing EZY to KLM doesn't work, EZY being a point to point carrier with no connections, and BHD will be the choice of airport for business passenger focussed airlines for fairly obvious reasons.
The only time I would fly via Dublin would be when going via California, Middle East or using the return dayflight from JFK. Flying to the East Coast of the United States is not worth the pain that the almost 400 mile return drive would cause.

Currency exchange rates are awful for the Euro now anyway so as users of Pound Sterling we would get less value for our money.