PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Details please
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2016, 22:19
MaverickPrime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mponse
Samca, I think you're mixing "Hacienda" (Spanish Tax Office) with "Seguridad Social" (Spanish Social Security Office). They are two very different things. As you said, if you live more than 6 months in Spain you become automatically a tax resident, than means you have to pay taxes in Spain (to "Hacienda").

You will also have to pay Social Security and that is what gives you the Spanish social security benefits. In the case of a contractor ("autónomo"), those benefits are restricted because you can choose how much you want to pay (kind of). So unemployment benefits, sick leave, pension, etc. will depend on how much you pay every month to the "Seguridad Social".
Bit messy this Ryanair business!

Surely then, if your Spanish based, you pay your taxes and social security solely in Spain not Ireland? Would there not be some bi/multilateral EU tax agreement

I've seen first hand that the full social security contribution in Spain is high if you are self-employed!

Suppose a better question to ask would be - would a FO earn on average €3700net in Spain if they were fully paying all taxes and social security?

I suppose an even better question to ask - will they not just offer you a permanent contract....