PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EDINBURGH - 2
Thread: EDINBURGH - 2
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2016, 20:25
edi_local

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alasdair1
HI Folks,

Hope someone can help me. Myself and my fiancee are looking to book time off work to go on holiday next year but bosses want us to have it booked by end of august.
We are enquiring about the Edinburgh to Bodrum flight EasyJet offer this year and in previous years and from the flights we take its very full but does anyone know which days it will operate in 2017 as edinburgh airport are saying they have no info on any routes as yet for anyairline
Easyjet via social media havent been very informative on this even though we have a deadline.

If anyone knows im available via private messsage on here or on thread any help is appreciated

Thank you for your assistance in advance
Did you not ask this last year too? The fact that your employer wants your summer 2017 dates so early is frankly ridiculous and this should be raised as an issue by all of you. It is wholly unreasonable to expect people to know what leave they need so far in advance. Any employer I've had has always wanted leave sorted out in advance, but they didn't even open up the window until about 6 months out, other than for special circumstances upon request of the employee.

Anyway, that aside, no one is withholding information, but with S16 not even out the way yet, no one knows what S17 will bring until at least this years winter schedule kicks in at the end of October. The airlines don't know what seasonal routes they will offer at this early stage. They will look at how the route performed and, if needed, will move the aircraft elsewhere. With all that has happened in Turkey this summer I would highly doubt Bodrum is going to feature on the easyJet network next summer, but then who knows? To be on the safe side I would book TK when the seats come up as they are unlikely to drop EDI and they will for sure still operate a domestic network inside Turkey anyway. If they change the flights then you're at least going to get to Bodrum. If EZY drop the route you'll get nothing more than a refund and an apology email and that may be too late to book anything else.