PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The 'dying' Royal Navy; what the US can learn.
Old 13th Aug 2016, 19:19
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The country could try and get its navy back if it really tried, and could vote to build and pay for it-but I somehow doubt that day will come. The people are realists- they know as Britons we sold ourselves out a long time ago. Why pay for a Navy when our utilities are foreign owned, along with just about everything else? Future foreign powers that want to hurt us will not fire fight with us- they will close us out via trade agreements and decline to invest or trade with us.
We are not a great power and we are not even a military middling power any more. We don't want to be one. When will the penny drop?

* Just as an afterthought, when we were projecting the very last of our declining maritime air power - I give you the years 1992-99 with CVS in the Adriatic/Balkan situation-my question -Did it actually make a figs difference to the average man in our street what we did there, and how we did it? Why should he now be expected by some to dig deep and pay for a new expensive RN?