PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Televisions and Internet
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2016, 11:41
Ancient Observer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Televisions and Internet

The Ancient household has 4 tv.s. It has one BT3 router/modem combo.

Of the tvs, one is an 5 year old Sony, (wi-fi connection), with all software up to date, one is a Samsung (wired connection via Humax box), the other 2 are Panas. Panas both doing OK.

Over the last few months, the Sony, and then the Samsung, have stopped conversing with the BT box.

Picking on one issue first,
Going in to the Sony, it says it is connected to the home network, and the BT Home hub manager says it is connected. However, nothing requiring t'internet actually works. Catch up, films etc. I've disconnected, re-connected, turned off/turned on separately and together, but none of these work. I've re-inserted up to date software in to the Sony, and it still won't work.

Given that the BT box says it is connected with everything, and given that the Panas both work OK, as does wi-fi to a Sky box, I am inclined to absolve BT of the blame, unless it is a complicated divorce between BT and Sony!!

Any ideas? Help welcome.

On the Samsung, which connects via a Humax box, I found that one of the disconnect/reconnect, turn off/turn on combos worked. However, the Humax box is no longer reliable, so I guess I will replace it.