PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One section of Australian aviation booming – CASA
Old 13th Aug 2016, 08:55
Lead Balloon

Received 423 Likes on 211 Posts
Hate to burst your bubble, but that's not unique to CASA when it comes to travel for public servants/Defence folk.
I'm not sure how my bubble is burst by pointing out something I already knew.

I merely contributed more "truth" into the implications of your earlier post. And I anticipate that the 'everyone else is doing it' defence, which is in effect: "CASA's snout is no deeper in the public trough than other government jobsworths", will ring quite hollow for those who have to work to fill those troughs.

TB: I have to say my presumptive response to all those stories of breathtaking, arrogantly unreasonable CASA behaviour is to call: "Bull****". The main reason for that is I understand that the justification for not providing names/dates/times/rego numbers/copies of correspondence is the fear of retribution. That's a complete nonsense.

The limited details provided are, if true, nonetheless sufficient to enable even the thickest of CASA's jobsworths to work out the operator to whom reference is made. Therefore, if CASA were minded to take reprisals against those who've exposed breathtaking, arrogant unreasonableness, CASA already knows the operators to whom these stories relate.

All of that said, CASA AVMED's return to the Dark Ages on CVD, and Mr Skidmore's support of it, is unassailable objective evidence of breathtaking, arrogantly unreasonable behaviour by CASA, so there's still doubt in my mind.

Last edited by Lead Balloon; 13th Aug 2016 at 09:21.