PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways
Thread: British Airways
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2016, 19:09
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
British Airways stops musician from flying with cello as 'it didn't have a visa'

Ooops!

“I rang BA about a month before the flight and spoke to a customer service agent in one of their call centres. They told me the second seat booked for the cello followed airline policy, that there was nothing further for me to do and I should check-in as normal,” said Ms Bevan.

Ms Bevan says she waited for 2.5 hours in the airport after which she was told that the flight had closed, but could rebook the flights at a cost of CHF 4,592.80 (£3,600). The incident happened on 16 June.

She says she has not received any form of compensation from British Airways and instead flew out the following day with American-based United Airlines who offered her flights at half the piece quoted by British Airways.
“I had no problems with United Airlines,” she said. “The staff were very friendly and even offered to put my cello in first class!”

“I’ve flown with my cello before using Easy Jet and Swiss Airways. I’m used to the situation being unfamiliar to staff and having to wait for them to speak with their supervisors, but I’ve never experienced anything like this before.”