PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The late Flt Lt Sean Casabayo - medals stolen
Old 12th Aug 2016, 17:31
Archimedes

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Taken from a Facebook post:

Good news.

You may well of seen an article in yesterday’s Herald about a war medal that was stolen from the Whitleigh area. This medal belonged to the parents of deceased RAF navigator Sean Casabayo, who was tragically killed in 1999 aged 30.

This theft left the family devastated as the medal was to going to be handed to Sean’s son who was born after his death when he comes of age.

After some fantastic and persistent work from plain clothes officers PC Blackmore and PC Harmer from Plympton Police station the medal was located and returned to Sean’s extremely grateful parents.

This is an excellent example of the officers obtaining community intelligence from the residents of Whitleigh and taking the positive action in retrieving the medal for the family.

Sean’s mother Diane Casabayo told Plympton Police “PC Harmer & PC Blackmore were amazing, I never expected to get the medal back, they were so caring and I cannot thank them enough, I even gave them both a kiss. I would also like to thank PC Dan Pen-Collings for his support when we reported the theft. The Police have done a fantastic job”

Also a local 'paper story here