PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Colombian start-up La Nueva Aerolinea (LNA)
Old 12th Aug 2016, 12:46
Mango Biche

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Appologies to D.O.G.

D.O.G.

Sincere appologies for not having replied to your post sooner; I simply hadn't seen it! How do (did) I know that VivaColombia will (would) be successful? Knowing some of those involved helps! I first met J.E. Posada at the LSE back in the early 80's and he was a 'live wire' back then. I watched him develop ACES into the best airline in Colombia, and sufferred with him the failure of Allianza Suma and his subsequent short tenure with Avianca. When he launched LNA with Will, Fred and Gabriel I instinctively knew that it would be a success and time has proved my hunch to be right. However, the recent switch in ownership has muddied the waters, as Viva Colombia has no Colombian shareholders right now! Add to that some of the original team being on 'sabbatical' instead of being actively involved in the day to day operations and I'm begining to see divisions in the airline. I could speculate that as the original founders were behind 'FAST Group,' and FAST sold their shareholding to Irlandia Aviation (Ryan family,) that the founders have 'cashed out' for whatever reason. However, until I receive some concrete information this is purely an opinion! Irrespective of what happens in Colombia, the 'Viva' brand is set to replicate around the whole region, and I have a shrewd notion of who'll be fronting that expansion!

Again, sorry for the lack of a reply it won't happen again!

Tropical Greetings,

M.B.