PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - how to stop pax taking hand luggage in evacuation?
Old 12th Aug 2016, 12:32
PAX_Britannica

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[If I cause offence to magenta line followers or trolly dollies, that offence is calculated, deliberate, but is intended to be constructive. I hope the constructive side of my - not entirely - sarcastic comments may gradually become apparent.]

I suggest that:
- There is no evidence to suggest that passengers taking their carry on luggage with them has ever caused a fatality.
- There is evidence that allowing flight deck crew to leave the flight deck has been a causal factor in hundreds of deaths.

Consider:
- Germanwings 9525
- Silkair 185
- Egyptair 990
- LAM Mozambique 470
- MH370 [?]

We don't know exactly what happened with MH370, but what we do know isn't consistent with non-psycho crew trying to get to the scheduled destination.

The hundreds of deaths in the first four examples I've listed above could have been prevented by my suggestion of locking the crew into the flight deck.

Originally Posted by PAX_Britannica
For good measure, all crew property not immediately essential to flight will be carried in checked baggage.
I could extend this to clarify:
Crew are deep body searched immediately before entering the aircraft. Crew are immediately sacked if found in possesion of cash, credit cards, passports, driving licence, other financial instruments or identity documents. If such items are found, these are shipped on the flight as checked baggage, while uniforms and corporate or professional ID are immediately confiscated. The (ex-)crew can make their own way home from airside.