PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is fatigue a problem at Emirates?
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2016, 07:54
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'bout time someone started a 'Fair Trade' airline.
There was much surprise and reaction when it was publicised about the working conditions of the sub-continent workers (often children) making the cheap jeans sold by leading supermarkets. Boycotts occurred until T's & C's improved above sweat shop levels. It was believed that customers s would turn a blind eye if they could get jeans etc. at rock bottom prices. When the consequence of this greedy attitude was shoved under their faces there was a recoil.
I dare say the life of a LoCo cabin crew might cause raised eyebrows of the passengers. Pilots would find it more difficult to gain sympathy; it would be harder to break through the myth of the glamour; that does't mean it's not worth trying, but it would take a very professional PR person to create a campaign. To date there has never been such a thing. If pax were aware of the true cost of their cheap tickets they would be surprised; and at how large the bonuses of the senior managers are at the same time as employee T's & C's have crashed.