PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue hiring
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2016, 04:42
Corkey McFuz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Um, no one here in NZ bashing I don't know where you got that impression from.

Perhaps you haven't been reading the prune for that long then. It's all gone quiet now obviously because so many aussies are doing the over here doing the jobs they said they never would. Pacblue, Jetconnect and Jetstar NZ used to be very dirty words on these forums...

VANZ is an entry point into the group now, nobody wanted that but that's how things are now. I have long said the GDOJ was a mistake and they should have left it as a separate list. If you think it is bad now, just wait until the last guys on the protected list get commands and it opens to the wider group - aussie invasion! All for quick commands, a bit of PIC and probably go back to OZ or overseas. And all commuters, shock horror! You haven't seen anything yet.

Yes and I agree, it's a mistake. It used to be a good job and although the $$ was less that ozzy, it was plenty for nz. But the real keeper was the relatively quick commands so for many kiwis it was a lifetime job. All changed now with the gdoj.

Years ago Kiwis flocked to the GA scene in Australia to get their hours up.

Skyhook, I can't argue with you there, but that's not really my point. The kiwis never whinged about low pay in aussie yet flocked over in droves. It was quite the opposite, Australia has always had better wages than NZ, especially in GA and that being one reason, most newbies were more than keen to head over to grasp the opportunities.

What we've got here is very blatantly guys telling everybody on there that they want to go over only to rape the system, get their hours serve their sentence and get out (not just on this thread). When, there are plenty of people who would be more than happy to stick around at what is actually not a bad job and do want to live here for what ever reason.
What gets me most is that eventually the recruiting in Australia will pick up and the vast majority of aussies over in nz will pack bags and head off home and eventually the slagging of the kiwis and their **** Ts & Cs will start all over again all the while the NZ operators are left high and dry.

I can't speak for Virgin but I know that JQnz and JC have had real headaches with this happening for the last year or two, you just might hope their recruiters don't work out who's behind some of the usernames claiming they will take advantage of the system.

That said, good luck to those trying to get in, I hope you stay. I heard 35 positions at Virgin nz

Last edited by Corkey McFuz; 12th Aug 2016 at 05:08.