PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cat now has new home
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2003, 07:45
Chuck Ellsworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATB :

Yes Graham bought it in Italy and ferried it to J-Berg, I went to J-Berg in 1997 and gave him and two friends their type rating training on it.

He decided to sell it and I returned to J-Berg in July of 1999 and ferried it to London with a seven month delay in Jeddah doing an engine change.

We next flew it in 2001 for a Merimax movie called " Below " then it was sold to a new owner in Virginia and I just delivered it.

You can look up the new owners web site it is called The Fighter Factory,, look under Google for the web address.

Z- Cat is now in New Zeland and is flown regularly there, it was the former CF-JCV I first flew that one for Austin Airways in 1967 then in 1982 for Air Caledonia in Vancouver.

Geeses, I feel like I am caught in a time warp when I find myself flying these aircraft in 2003, but what the hell it is more interesting than flying the Airbus, that was not really an airplane as I know airplanes, it was a multi colored video game.

Aah:; Harrare isn't it sad what has happened to that area? It had such potential until Robert decided to drive Zim back into the stone age....

Chuck