PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B777 Emergency DXB
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2016, 00:07
Wizofoz

Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts
Wiz, while I fully agree with you that one must leave the hand on the thrust levers, what exactly would you accomplish by failing the candidate?

They would have to go on Day 2, extra sim, whatever to "learn it" after practicing say 2/3/4/10 times? What would this accomplish?

Why not a strong advice from your expertise as a TRE on why is so important to leave the hands on the thrust levers and give them the infamous "3"?

Not judging just asking...
If the exercise is an examination, I am acting as a GCAA delegate and am required to pass or fail the candidate based on their performance, without coaching or intervention. Failing to get the TLs to advance during a go-around (the instance that springs to mind was after failing an A/T below 200'on an LVO approach) and allowing the speed to decay to the point of an "AIR SPEED LOW" EICAS clearly does not meet a standard that passes that test.

Now, after that failure has been assessed, I can use any remaining time to train the problem, but it remains the case that that exam on that day was failed.