PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B777 Emergency DXB
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2016, 20:27
in freedom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all I would like to thank the brave fireman from RAK who paid the ultimate price for the safety of others. The best ones leave too early. May your family find peace.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then I would like to tell you that I was surprised to receive a FedEx envelope today with a Chairman's Najm, handsigned by HH and AAR. It was awarded post-service for great savings to the company by launching the WSJ article last year.

Great damage to the brand has been avoided since the article pushed EK to stop operating the night flights to Chennai and Trivandrum as turnarounds. Chennai 544/545 turn-around was given as an example to the WSJ and EASA, but Trivandrum 520/521 had almost identical timings.The risk assessment must have clearly shown that any incident on these pairings would have raised the question of scheduling legality. These pairings were maxed out to the minute, including check-in scam, without room for even 10 minutes adjustment of check-in times. So after years of illegal savings a little help from outside pointed the company in the right direction. Just in time.

I will be taking offers for the quite significant amount of the Najm that can be used in the crew shop. I won't be coming back soon ;-)

Last edited by in freedom; 10th Aug 2016 at 22:13.