PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B777 Emergency DXB
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2016, 12:26
glofish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wnp

Don't forget for a second: It's an EK thread ....

JAArule
Or are you suggesting there's no need to press TOGA? TOGA needs to be pressed regardless and if you can't handle that then you may need to re-assess your choice of career. Sorry but that's how it is.
No suggestion not to press TOGA, but if it is inhibited, surprise, surprise, it will not engage! So if you're short in survival time, a manual shove should prove a tad more successful .... sorry, that's how i see it.

Believe me, I am constantly re-assessing my career choice, with our rosters ... but back to the thread:
I admit i had an event when i was 100% sure having pressed TOGA, but it was not engaged. The reason was that by shoving the levers forward, the angle of the TOGA switches becomes quite acute and apparently i did not push down enough. Now you will most probably blame me and tell me to change career again, but i guess this could happen to others as well. What saved me was the manual shove forward and leaving my hands on the levers, because i realised it through tactile feedback (!) at the same time the PM announced no TOGA and i pressed again, with success this time.
See why i propagate moves first, modes after?

Last edited by glofish; 10th Aug 2016 at 12:42.