PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Performance ATPL
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2016, 10:48
Martin_123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in all support for changing the QBs to prevent database bashing, however my experience with HPL and MET is that the new questions coming along haven't really gone through any quality control at all! I had number of questions where none of the answers was correct, I had number of them where 2 answers were correct, I feel like I'm a guinea pig, leaving my feedback on nearly every second question, pointing out the terrible wording and mistakes.. I'm sure they will catch on eventually and will improve the new questions over time, but guess what? That doesn't improve my scores!

Ok so far I have nothing to complain about, I have 4 exams done with good scores, first time passes, but I know a number of people who really studied, who demonstrated their knowledge in revision courses but ended up with big fist in their faces simply because they got questions that do not only make sense from syllabus point of view, but are a grammatical nightmare. Their career perspectives are seriously damaged simply because some clerks in authority didn't do their job properly and the lack of accountability means the ATPL study will continue to be unfair to people.

If we want proper change for the better, ATPL theory needs to be taught/examined by accredited universities and exams need to fulfill a certain academic standard before they are attempted. The situation we had in February where, reportedly, only one student passed the OPS exam in the entire UK would raise a lot of red flags in the academic environment.