PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudia
Thread: Saudia
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2016, 13:25
CI54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Top gun pilot 797
Hello all,
Was seriously considering SV as a career for me and some of my mates.
Very reliably learnt that the attrition / failure rate only during training is now slightly below 50%...!
This is both for typed and non typed pilots and includes FO's and Skippers of all fleets.
I've been seriously warned that once here in saudia NEVER unpack your bags completely. Cause you never know when it's time to go back.
Shocking as this might seem, it's horribly true.
Doesn't matter how good you are. How much experience you have. On type or not.
It simply the saudia way or the highway.
I don't mind that too much. But I believe the 'saudia' way is neither the Boeing way nor Airbus way...!! It's simply the 'SAUDIA' way.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not against change. But, to pass a rule directly contradicting all that you have learnt in the past AND then implementing it with an iron hand can sometimes spell disaster in training.
And then I believe the instructors each have their own unique 'signature' style !

And then there's the market factor. When they have an excess of FOs in the pipeline the FOs start to 'fail'. When their 744 skippers are due for a conversion to the 777 the new hire skippers start to magically underperform and fail !!

So that's that folks. I'm gonna think long and think hard. Very very very hard for this one.

Cheerio
To be honest, if you're this unhappy before you're even here, just stay where you are or find another place...