PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Liberal Party wins, Bombardier wins
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2016, 10:53
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think you take a company like Boeing and try to compare them with any other company out there building aeroplanes in terms of success or failure. It's safe enough to say or even think Boeing's success speaks for itself. It's a very successful company.

Perhaps I'm not making myself clear. My remarks are about trouble. Not success or failure. Trouble. The kind that can place any company, including Boeing, on the road to ruin.

Both Boeing and Airbus are having trouble right now as reported in numerous industry magazines and financial reports. I'm not making this up. Yet many have singled out Bombardier as the one most likely to fail. Personally, I doubt it.

Both A and B have so many undelivered units it's likely to spell even more trouble in the months ahead. Neither A nor B will pocket huge sums of money from future aircraft deliveries until those aircraft are delivered and paid for. This is precisely what the doomsdayers were saying about Bombardier not that long ago.

Boeing has gone from paying Collins on receipt to 120 days. That's cash flow trouble no matter how you want to spin it. Now Airbus are under investigation for fraud.
Trouble? In my estimation, yes.

Are Boeing about to file for Chapter 11? I wouldn't know but I doubt it. I also know lots of large corporations have. Some are no longer in business.

If cash flow becomes too big of a problem for Boeing their suppliers could refuse to deliver parts. No parts, no aircraft. No aircraft to deliver to the customer, no income. No income, debts mount, bye bye Boeing.

If my reference to Boeing is your irritation, then substitute Boeing for any other OEM out there.
I just think it's ridiculous to single out Bombardier without paying attention to the other players.

Willie