PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What makes a fantastic flight?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2003, 03:41
redsnail

PPRuNe Handmaiden

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts
That special gift that some FA's have in making you feel like it's his/her's absolute pleasure in assisting/serving you. Efficient and prompt service, with a friendly face. (sure, there are some a'holes that really wreck an FA's day, I'm not one of them). Definitely a good sense of humour with confidence is a bonus too.
Now, I am aware that if the senior FA or even the tech crew are nasty or aggro to the FA's it will rub off. It's really easy to spot a good happy team. They all work together and you can see that they really enjoy that job.
I do feel for the FA's. They have to smooth over ruffled feathers that check in or Customs generated. There are some passengers that really shouldn't be let out alone and how the FA's keep their composure while dealing with them I have no idea. Well done.
I fly either BA or Qantas when travelling home. I have had no complaints whatsoever. In fact, one QF FA saw me struggling to get stuff in the over head locker. Without asking he came up and helped me get it all sorted. He was really good. One BA FA stopped what she was doing when I thought my passport had walked. It was not a problem for her to give me a hand. I appreciated that.
These days I fly with Ryanair and easyJet for positioning for work. Often I am in uniform (pilot) and I thank the easyJet FA's for that special touch.

I reckon flying with flaps 40, Xenia and Flyblue would be a right laugh