PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2016, 18:31
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emirates

EK37/8 was a slow-starter to start but it soon picked up and I had a pleasant ride on full A332 on EK37 and it wasn't long after it changed to the 777.

As j636 as stated it was by far the best service to connect with New Zealand and Australia and for a long period and I believe it was the only way to get a short wait to Sydney although that has long since changed but despite more of a choice now with both the main two banks the loads have remained excellent on EK37/8.

In comparison EK39/40 has a quarter of the year with poor loads due to the low season in Asia and of course Ramadan, yet EK37/8 has remained full other than in parts of June until this summer of course and 3 class aircraft have started appear (tonight in fact).

I don't think it is a co-incidence Manchester gets the 615 seat aircraft on EK19/20 and the 517 seat aircraft on EK17/18. Also didn't Gatwick get the A380 first on their evening service and I was a little surprised that they chose the lunchtime first at BHX.

This should be a good move and I don't see too much of an issue for the airport handling it at 18.30 although the Air India will be around at the same time but the PIA departs around one before the EK 4 nights a week.

Pete