PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus FCU ARINC Inputs/Outputs
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2016, 17:27
MrHorgy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airbus FCU ARINC Inputs/Outputs

All,

As a current Boeing pilot, who enjoys a busmans holiday (pun intended) I have recently acquired an A330 FCU with the intention of getting it to talk to my home PC.

This is no small task, and thus far (with the assistance of the AMM) I have managed to decode all the messages coming OUT of the FCU (selected alt, speed, etc) as well as all the various EIS controls from the respective sides.

What I have NO managed to do as yet is send ARINC labels IN to the FCU. I assume the signals from the FMGEC are what triggers the LOC/ALT/APPR pushbuttons to illuminate (they don't act as simple buttons) and to dash the SPD or HDG window, or change from SPD to MACH.

The AMM has only a limited list of ARINC labels defined (in ATA 22-86) and the tables only show FMGEC G GE-2 bus, and not the GE-1 bus I think the FCU is expecting and so I'm not sure what to send it.

Does anyone have any perverse desire to assist me in trying to get this working? Or perhaps knows someone at Thales or Airbus that might be interested in whether it can be done? I am pulling my hair out at the moment and as a simple button pusher, and not a spanner twister, it is slightly out of my comprehension!