PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQ-368 (engine & wing on fire) final report out
Old 8th Aug 2016, 08:47
henra

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by parabellum
The video evidence is totally unreliable, mainly taken from iPhones.

The quality of footage is sufficient for me to get an idea of the magnitude of the fire.
And that is huuuge.

Sorry deadheader but you are quite wrong, your bull-headed actions might well cause more deaths than action based on all the information available. There was no gross negligence or dereliction of duty on anyone's part. A passenger who initiates there own evacuation, (possibly you?), are a serious danger if they don't have the full facts available to them.
Deadheader might be a little bit direct in the way he states his opinion but I think there is quite some truth to it.

I have no idea why you are so heavily favoring staying in a wildly burning aircraft.
Yes I don't want to hang the crew, in hindsight it appears (rather clearly) they haven't judged the situation well. That happens when human beings face the big unexpected. In all fairness they probably didn't have a clear full picture immediately.
However, the trick is to learn from such things rather than desperately trying to justify it.
So: No I don't want to crucify the crew. But it should be taken as a learning opportunity. Rather than denial.